[ClusterLabs] a request for "oracle" resource agent

Fabrizio Ermini fabrizio at ermini.info
Mon Aug 19 15:10:28 UTC 2024

Hi!
I am trying to set up an oracle instance managed by a pacemaker cluster.
It's a task that I have performed several times with no issue, but in this
particular case I have a non standard requirement: since the instance
sometimes would take the role of a standby database, the "start" actions
should NOT open the DB instance, just mount it.

Are you aware of a way to make this happen? I thought initially to just
comment out the "open" command in the resource script, but of course this
would not work since the monitor operations would report the unopened
instance as an error.

In any case let me know if you could be interested to add this as a feature
if I manage to successfully make it work.

Thanks for your time and effort, and best regards
Fabrizio