[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3.1.5 Fails to Autostart

Tyler Phillippe tylerphillippe at tutamail.com
Mon Apr 24 16:16:29 EDT 2023

Hello all,

We are currently using RHEL9 and have set up a PCS cluster. When restarting the servers, we noticed Corosync 3.1.5 doesn't start properly with the below error message:

Parse error in config: No valid name found for local host
Corosync Cluster Engine exiting with status 8 at main.c:1445.
Corosync.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=8/n/a

These are physical, blade machines that are using a 2x Fibre Channel NIC in a Mode 6 bond as their networking interface for the cluster; other than that, there is really nothing special about these machines. We have ensured the names of the machines exist in /etc/hosts and that they can resolve those names via the hosts file first. The strange thing is if we start Corosync manually after we can SSH into the machines, Corosync starts immediately and without issue. We did manage to get Corosync to autostart properly by modifying the service file and changing the After=network-online.target to After=multi-user.target. In doing this, at first, Pacemaker complains about mismatching dependencies in the service between Corosync and Pacemaker. Changing the Pacemaker service to After=multi-user.target fixes that self-caused issue. Any ideas on this one? Mostly checking to see if changing the After dependency will harm us in the future.

Thanks!

Respectfully,
 Tyler Phillippe