[ClusterLabs] OCF_HEARTBEAT_PGSQL - any good with current Postgres- ?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Tue Apr 25 08:16:44 EDT 2023

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 12:32:45 +0200
lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:

> I've been looking up and fiddling with this RA but
> unsuccessfully so far, that I wonder - is it good for
> current versions of pgSQLs?

As far as I know, the pgsql agent is still supported, last commit on it happen
in Jan 11th 2023. I don't know about its compatibility with latest PostgreSQL
versions.

I've been testing it many years ago, I just remember it was quite hard to
setup, understand and manage from the maintenance point of view.

Also, this agent is fine in a shared storage setup where it only
start/stop/monitor the instance, without paying attention to its role (promoted
or not).