[ClusterLabs] Required guidance w.r.t pacemaker

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:21:50 EDT 2022

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 4:01 PM Sridhar K <sriatk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Required guidance w.r.t below problem statement
>
> Need to have a HA setup for SQLServer running as a docker container and HA managed by the Pacemaker which is running as a separate docker container.

It is very unlikely to be useful in a production environment (see
below). What is your actual use case?

> I have done a setup where pacemaker and SQL Server are running as a single docker container, able to achieve HA.
>
> How to achieve the same when Pacemaker , and Sqlserver are running in different containers.
>
> Checked remote node,bundle  concepts in Pacemaker unable to make HA setup work.

"Unable to make it work" does not provide much information about what
you did and what problem you encountered. But at the very least,
pacemaker needs to control docker to manage containers. And docker
does not run inside of containers, does it? So how is the pacemaker in
the PCS container supposed to access docker that runs on host?

Remote node should work as long as connectivity between containers is available.

> Please let me know whether the above scenario can be handled, any links, examples would be of great help.
>
> Attaching a picture that depicts the scenario.

The PCS container on VM1 dies. How exactly are you going to ensure
that the DB container on VM1 is stopped so that DB on VM2 can take
over?