[ClusterLabs] Stonith external/ssh "device"?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Wed Dec 21 12:04:22 EST 2022

On Wednesday 21 December 2022 at 17:19:34, Antony Stone wrote:

> > pacemaker-fenced[3262]:   notice: Operation reboot of nodeB by <no-one>
> > for pacemaker-controld.26852 at nodeA.93b391b2: No such device

> pacemaker-controld[3264]:   notice: Peer nodeB was not terminated (reboot)
> by <anyone> on behalf of pacemaker-controld.26852: No such device

I have resolved this - there was a discrepancy between the node names (some
simple hostnames, some FQDNs) in my main cluster configuration, and the
hostlist parameter for the external/ssh fencing plugin.

I have set them all to be simple hostnames with no domain and now all is
working as expected.

I still find the log message "no such device" rather confusing.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
<flopsie> yes, but this is #lbw, we don't do normal

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.