[ClusterLabs] Stonith

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Mon Dec 19 08:01:02 EST 2022

On Monday 19 December 2022 at 13:55:45, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 3:44 PM Antony Stone
>
> <Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it> wrote:
> > So, do I simply create one stonith resource for each server, and rely on
> > some other random server to invoke it when needed?
>
> Yes, this is the most simple approach. You need to restrict this
> stonith resource to only one cluster node (set pcmk_host_list).

So, just to be clear, I create one stonith resource for each machine which
needs to be able to be shut down by some other server?

I ask simply because the acronym stonith refers to "the other node", so it
sounds to me more like something I need to define so that a working machine can
kill another one.

> No, that is not needed, by default any node can use any stonith agent.

Okay, thanks for the quick clarification :)

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.