[ClusterLabs] Stonith

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 07:55:45 EST 2022

On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 3:44 PM Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it> wrote:

> So, do I simply create one stonith resource for each server, and rely on some
> other random server to invoke it when needed?

Yes, this is the most simple approach. You need to restrict this
stonith resource to only one cluster node (set pcmk_host_list).

> Or do I in fact create one stonith resource for each server, and that resource
> then means that this server can shut down any other server?

If a stonith agent supports mapping between cluster nodes and IP
addresses (or whatever is needed to identify the correct instance to
kill the selected cluster node) - this would be an option. I do not
think either ssh or IPMI agents support it though.

> Or, do I need to create 6 x 7 = 42 stonith resources so that any machine can
> shut down any other?

No, that is not needed, by default any node can use any stonith agent.