[ClusterLabs] pacemaker-2.0.x version support on “RHEL 7” OS

S Sathish S s.s.sathish at ericsson.com
Wed Mar 10 02:15:18 EST 2021

Hi Ken/Team,

We are using pacemaker software from Clusterlab upstream with version pacemaker 2.0.2 in our RHEL 7 system. So for fixing the CVE’s CVE-2020-25654 we don’t want to downgrade to lower version of pacemaker 1.x hence we are trying to build latest pcs-0.10 version from upstream source has runtime dependencies for ruby 2.2.0+ which is not available in RHEL 7.x stream and getting compilation error , Please check and advise us whether pcs-0.10 is supported on RHEL 7.

we also need to understand pacemaker1.x and pacemaker2.x clusterlab supporting term whether new feature/security fix/bug fix will be handled for both channels.

Thanks and Regards,
S Sathish S