[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Our 2-Node Cluster with a Separate Qdevice Went Down Anyway?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Mar 1 02:23:29 EST 2021

>>> Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> schrieb am 26.02.2021 um 19:58 in
Nachricht
<SA2PR03MB58848961B4844A6BE699D73FFA9D9 at SA2PR03MB5884.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>

*
> Stop
>> p_mysql_622      (                 001db01a )   due to no quorum
>>
>> Remaining node lost quorum and decided to stop resources
>>

> I consider this a cluster failure, exacerbated by a resource failure. We can

> investigate why resource p_mysql_622 failed to stop, but it seems the
> underlying problem is the loss of quorum. That should not have happened with

> the qdevice in the mix, should it?
>
> I'm confused about what is supposed to happen here. If the root cause is
> that node 001db01a briefly lost all communication with the network (just
> guessing), then it should have taken no action, including STONITH, since
> there would be no quorum. (There is no physical STONITH device anyway, as
> both nodes are in Azure.) Meanwhile, node 001db01b would still have had
> quorum (itself plus the qdevice), and should have assumed ownership of the
> resources and started them, or no?

I agree so far, but to start the resources, the cluster must make sure that
the lost nodes does not ot no longer run them. That is where SNONITH comes into
play...

Without stonith you can guess what happens.

Regards,
Ulrich