[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Fencing explanation

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jan 4 07:55:41 EST 2021

>>> Ignazio Cassano <ignaziocassano at gmail.com> schrieb am 28.12.2020 um 22:21 in
Nachricht
<CAB7j8cVx-A5XnQ+3axD4qevrvOxniGW3ryA8Oq=UWYnsyuGo6Q at mail.gmail.com>:
> Hello all, I am setting a pacemaker cluster with centos 7 and ipmi idrac
> fencing devices.
> What I did not understand is how set the number of seconds before a node is
> rebooted by stonith.

Actually the only reason for a delay IMHO would be:
1) You want to give dirty blocks a chance to be written, especially if multiple resource operations had been initiated before fencing
2) You want to have a look at the situation before fencing (maybe trying to clean it up to avoid fencing)

Unsure cleaning up in 2) can really avoid fencing, but I think in HP-UX Service Guard it was possible.