[ClusterLabs] Fencing explanation

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 09:53:05 EST 2021

I'm not sure Ignazio is talking about an intentional delay. I think his
question may be about node loss detection.

That is done at the Corosync level. See the corosync.conf(5) man page
for all the possible ways it can be configured, but the most important
parameter is "token".

Fencing can also be initiated by Pacemaker for failed resource stops,
or any failed action where on-fail has been set to fence. That
detection time should be bounded by the action timeout, and for
recurring monitors the interval.