[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] anothe rcompletion bug in crm shell (2.1.2+git132.gbc9fde0 of SLES11)

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 20 02:10:56 EDT 2020

Hi again!

While talking about it, I can imagine two useful extensions to "crm node
utilization":

1) Allow leaving out the attribute name, showing all utilization atributes
(much like "crm configure show" shows all resources)
2) Allow "*" as valid host name (to fulfill the syntax requirement of having
an argument at the position, expanding to all hosts

crm node utilization node|* show [attribute]

So "crm node utilization node1 show " would show all utilization attributes
for node1.
So "crm node utilization * show attr" would show all utilization
attribute"attr"  for all nodes.
So "crm node utilization *" would show all utilization attributes for all
nodes.

Maybe repositioning the arguments would make it even easier:
straight-forward:
"crm node utilization show" would show all utilization attributes for all
nodes,
"crm node utilization show node" would show all utilization attributes for
"node", and
"crm node utilization show node attr" would show attribute "attr" for node
"node".
The probably less common case would be "crm node utilization show * attr" to
show all attribute "attr" for all nodes...

Maybe "[<attribute>]" could even be "[<attribzte>...]" (a list of attributes
to show)

Maybe even more clever syntax exists... ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> "Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> schrieb am 20.08.2020
um