[ClusterLabs] kronosnet v1.13 released
Fabio M. Di Nitto
fabbione at fabbione.net
Wed Oct 16 11:13:19 EDT 2019
We are pleased to announce the general availability of kronosnet v1.13
kronosnet (or knet for short) is the new underlying network protocol for
Linux HA components (corosync), that features the ability to use
multiple links between nodes, active/active and active/passive link
failover policies, automatic link recovery, FIPS compliant encryption
(nss and/or openssl), automatic PMTUd and in general better performances
compared to the old network protocol.
Highlights in this release:
* IMPORTANT/URGENT: fix defrag buffer reclaim logic that could lead knet
to deliver corrupted data to the application (corosync or alike).
* IMPORTANT/URGENT: fix MTU boundary check on links with very high
packet loss and avoid delivering corrupted (short) data to the
* Optimize reassembly of defrag packets by avoid unnecessary memmoves.
* Improvements to the test suite to deal with the above bugs and
potentially reduce regressions in future.
* Minor stability fixes to the test suite.
Known issues in this release:
The source tarballs can be downloaded here:
Upstream resources and contacts:
https://trello.com/kronosnet (TODO list and activities tracking)
https://goo.gl/9ZvkLS (google shared drive with presentations and diagrams)
IRC: #kronosnet on Freenode
The knet developer team
More information about the Users