[ClusterLabs] Interface confusion

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 08:13:54 EDT 2019

Dne 15. 03. 19 v 12:32 Adam Budziński napsal(a):
> Hello Folks,____
>
> __ __
>
> Tow node active/passive VMware VM cluster.____
>
> __ __
>
> /etc/hosts____
>
> __ __
>
> 10.116.63.83    srv1____
>
> 10.116.63.84    srv2____
>
> 172.16.21.12    srv2cr1____
>
> 172.16.22.12    srv2cr2____
>
> 172.16.21.11    srv1cr1____
>
> 172.16.22.11    srv1cr2____
>
> __ __
>
> __ __
>
> I have 3 NIC’s on each VM:____
>
> __ __
>
> 10.116.63.83    srv1  and 10.116.63.84    srv2 are networks used to
> access the VM’s via SSH or any resource directly if not via a VIP.____
>
> __ __
>
> Everything with cr in its name is used for corosync communication, so
> basically I have two rings (this are two no routable networks just for
> that).____
>
> __ __
>
> My questions are:____
>
> __ __
>
> __1.__With ‘pcs cluster auth’ which interface / interfaces should I use
> ?____

Hi Adam,

I can see you are using pcs-0.9.x. In that case you should do:
pcs cluster auth srv1cr1 srv2cr1

In other words, use the first address of each node.
Authenticating all the other addresses should not cause any issues. It
is pointless, though, as pcs only communicates via ring0 addresses.

> __2.__With ‘pcs cluster setup –name’ I would use the corosync interfaces
> e.g. ‘pcs cluster setup –name MyCluster srv1cr1,srv1cr2 srv2cr1,srv2cr2’
> right ?____

Yes, that is correct.

> __3.__With fence_vmware_soap inpcmk_host_map="X:VM_C;X:VM:OTRS_D" which
> interface should replace X ?____

X should be replaced by node names as seen by pacemaker. Once you set up
and start your cluster, run 'pcs status' to get (amongs other info) the
node names. In your configuration, they should be srv1cr1 and srv2cr1.

Regards,
Tomas