[ClusterLabs] Which shell definitions to include?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 10:49:51 EDT 2019

On 23/07/19 09:07 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 08:48 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>> It's not that I like all the changes systemd requires, but systemd
>> complains about not being able to unmount /var while /var/run or
>> /var/lock is being used...
>
> Agreed, it should be a build-time option whether to use /run or
> /var/run

Sounds more like a distro systemic inconsistency, since when /var/run
and /var/lock are just symlinks to /run-rooted counterparts (is it
your case?), it suggests a hint that /var shall never be unmounted
prior to /run itself (at which point the still surviving daemons will
be in troubles equally and the ordering hence doesn't sit well for
these for some reason -- I am assuming the only use case here is
a system shutdown).

I think I'd pay attention to other parts of the system or customized
configuration if you are seeing problems like mentioned above;
feels orthogonal to which access path for the same effective location
resource-agents project uses.

/me wonders, was it a deliberate design step from systemd?

--
Jan (Poki)