[ClusterLabs] resource location preference vs utilization

wferi at niif.hu wferi at niif.hu
Tue Jul 16 09:20:37 EDT 2019

"Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

> <wferi at niif.hu> schrieb am 15.07.2019 um 18:41 in Nachricht <87o91vp7vv.fsf at lant.ki.iif.hu>:
>
>> In a mostly symmetrical cluster I've got a couple of resources which
>> should only ever run on a subset of the nodes if possible.  However,
>> utilization constraints seem to prevent optimal resource allocation in
>> some cases: Pacemaker does not migrate other resources to make room for
>> the picky resources on their preferred nodes.  Is there a way around
>> this?  The score differences are way above the resource stickiness, and
>> as soon as I manually move enough indifferent resources away from the
>> distinguished nodes, Pacemaker indeed migrates the picky resources over
>> to them.  Can I configure it to also make room automatically by moving
>> other resources as necessary, making this process fully automatic?
>
> Maybe show your config in greater detail...

I'd like to keep the XML level low until I get confirmation that what
I'm after is actually supported.  My configuration is very simple but
extensive, and has the basic elements in place: I can see the scores and
utilization values in the crm_simulate output.  I have priorities set up
as well, but all resources are running, so that shouldn't matter as far
as I understand it.  Maybe I miss a setting to enable such behavior...
--
Feri