[ClusterLabs] Fwd: Postgres pacemaker cluster failure

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Wed Jul 10 10:57:18 EDT 2019

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:34:17 +0200
Danka Ivanovic <danka.ivanovic at sbgenomics.com> wrote:

> Hi, Thank you all for responding so quickly. Part of corosync.log file is
> attached. Cluster failure occured in 09:16  AM yesterday.
> Debug mode is turned on in corosync configuration, but I didn't turn it on
> in pacemaker config. I will test that.

There's really nothing interesting in there sadly. It could even be like pgsqlms hadn't been called at all and the action timed out...

> Postgres log is also attached.

Nothing really revelent there as well.

> Several times cluster failed because of ldap time out, even if I tried to
> disable ldap searching for local postgres user,

This is really anoying. IIRC, this was already happening last time. Fix this
first if you didn't yet?

> From syslog it looks like postgres systemd process was
> stoped,

Again, systemd shouldn't take part of anything in your cluster irw postgresql.
If Pacemaker manage PostgreSQL, systemd should have nothing to do with it.

If you really need to start/stop it by hands (I really discourage you to
do so), do it using pg_ctl. And make sure to unmanage the Pacemaker resource
before.

--
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo