[ClusterLabs] Does CMAN Still Not Support Multipe CoroSync Rings?

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Feb 12 11:34:18 EST 2018

On 2018-02-12 07:10 AM, Eric Robinson wrote:
> General question. I tried to set up a cman + corosync + pacemaker
> cluster using two corosync rings. When I start the cluster, everything
> works fine, except when I do a ‘corosync-cfgtool -s’ it only shows one
> ring. I tried manually editing the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file adding
> two <interface> sections, but then cman complained that I didn’t have a
> multicast address specified, even though I did. I tried editing the
> /etc/corosdync/corosync.conf file, and then I could get two rings, but
> the nodes would not both join the cluster. Bah! I did some reading and
> saw that cman didn’t support multiple rings years ago. Did it never get
> updated?
>

> sig

It's been a while since I tested it (couldn't use it because of issues
with GFS2), but yes it worked. Don't edit corosync.conf, all corosync
config is handled in cman's cluster.conf. I believe you need to specify
the '<altname />' element for the second ring.

If you still have trouble, let me know and I'll see if I can find my old
notes.

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of