[ClusterLabs] Ubuntu 16.04 - Only binds on 127.0.0.1 then fails until reinstall

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Sat May 6 02:44:29 EDT 2017

James Booth <administrator at absolutejam.co.uk> writes:

> Sorry for the repeat mails, but I had issues subscribing list time
> (Looks like it has worked successfully now!).
>
> Anywho, I'm really desperate for some help on my issue in
> http://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/users/2017-April/005495.html -
> I can recap the info in this thread and provide any configs if needed!

Hi James,

This thread is badly fragmented and confusing now, but let's try to
proceed.  It seems corosync ignores its config file.  Maybe you edit a
stray corosync.conf, not the one corosync actually reads (which should
probably be /etc/corosync/corosync.conf).  Please issue the following
command as a regular user, and show us its output (make sure strace is
installed):

$ strace -f -eopen /usr/sbin/corosync -p -f

It should reveal the name of the config file.  For example, under a
different version a section of the output looks like this:

open("/dev/shm/qb-corosync-16489-blackbox-header", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0600) = 3
open("/dev/shm/qb-corosync-16489-blackbox-data", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0600) = 4
open("/etc/corosync/corosync.conf", O_RDONLY) = 3
open("/etc/localtime", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
Process 16490 attached
[pid 16489] open("/var/run/corosync.pid", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT, 0640) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)

If you can identify the name of the config file, please also post its
path and its full content.
Feri