[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: bug in crm shell (SLES11 SP4)? required parameters not checked

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed May 11 10:13:05 EDT 2016

On 2016-05-11T08:02:56, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> > $ crm help Checks
> > $ crm options help check-frequency
> > $ crm options help check-mode
> >
> > If none of these settings match Ulrich's preferences, maybe he
> > could pledge his case to introduce more.
>
> Why do we need this? IMHO a Boolean (check yes/no) is sufficient.

No, you may not want to see those warnings for every intermediate step -
the configuration may be complete at the end of all steps, and that's
when it checks by default.

> Or did I miss a use case for adding invalid configuration items?

Yes. That crmsh thinks something is "invalid" doesn't mean that it
really is invalid within the resource agent (not all metadata is always
correct, alas).