[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: bug in crm shell (SLES11 SP4)? required parameters not checked

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed May 11 02:02:56 EDT 2016

Nachricht <20160510172423.GA26066 at walrus.homenet>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 02:51:19PM +0200, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
>> Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I think I found this bug in crm shell (crmsh-2.1.2+git132.gbc9fde0-7.2):
>> >
>> > When defining a new primitive, required parameters are not checked (I'm
> using my own RA, but any RA should do):
>> >
>> > --
>> > crm(live)configure# primitive bad ocf:xola:iotwatch
>> > crm(live)configure#
>> > --
>> >
>> > But when I edit the primitive the error is detected:
>> >
>> > --
>> > crm(live)configure# edit bad
>> > WARNING: bad: default timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the advised
90s
>> > ERROR: bad: required parameter target not defined
>> > Edit or discard changes (yes to edit, no to discard) (y/n)?
>> > --
>>
>> Yes, I have thought about changing this, currently changes are only
>> checked when calling edit, commit or verify. Maybe it would be better to
>> check immediately.
>>
>> As things work now, the primitive is not actually created in pacemaker
>> until commit which does the verification. So it'll still get checked,
>> just at a later stage.
>>
>> Not quite a bug, but maybe not perfect..

I assume there's a routine that does the checks, and the routine is called
after edit. To me it seems easy to call that routine after creating some new
item as well.

> Hard to match everybody's expectations :) But, there are good
> news: some options control when/how to check the configuration.
> See:
>
> $ crm help Checks
> $ crm options help check-frequency
> $ crm options help check-mode
>
> If none of these settings match Ulrich's preferences, maybe he
> could pledge his case to introduce more.

Why do we need this? IMHO a Boolean (check yes/no) is sufficient.

Or did I miss a use case for adding invalid configuration items?

Regards,
Ulrich