[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: bug in crm shell (SLES11 SP4)? required parameters not checked

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu May 12 02:20:25 EDT 2016

<20160511141305.GI381 at suse.de>:
> On 2016-05-11T08:02:56, Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>
>> > $ crm help Checks
>> > $ crm options help check-frequency
>> > $ crm options help check-mode
>> >
>> > If none of these settings match Ulrich's preferences, maybe he
>> > could pledge his case to introduce more.
>>
>> Why do we need this? IMHO a Boolean (check yes/no) is sufficient.
>
> No, you may not want to see those warnings for every intermediate step -
> the configuration may be complete at the end of all steps, and that's
> when it checks by default.

I understand that there are several levels of validity checks, and it makes sense to do a final check before commit. That does not mean to skip earlier checks, however.
Obviously leaving out a required parameter when defining a primitive is an error that can (and should) be checked as early as possible (if you want error checking).

>> Or did I miss a use case for adding invalid configuration items?
>
> Yes. That crmsh thinks something is "invalid" doesn't mean that it
> really is invalid within the resource agent (not all metadata is always
> correct, alas).

So crm shell may tag valid configurations invalid while not tagging invalid configurations as such?

Regards,
Ulrich