[Pacemaker] pcs not able to display or set resource meta attributes ?

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 12:27:43 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

I was just having this discussion with the pcs maintainer earlier today.  You aren't overlooking anything, the pcs version you are using lacks that functionality. This will be resolved in the upstream pcs repo in the next day or so.

Here are some work arounds using other tools shipped with pacemaker.

Get meta attribute
# crm_resource -m -r RSC_ID -g target-role
Started

Set meta attribute
# crm resource -m -r RSC_ID -p target-role -v Stopped

Delete meta attribute
#crm resource -m -r RSC_ID -d target-role

See all meta-attributes associated with a resource.  This will display the xml config definition for the resource which contains the meta-attribute section.
# crm_resource -q -r RSC_ID

I hope this helps. pcs will be update shortly.

-- Vossel