[Pacemaker] Reason for cluster resource migration

Ante Karamatić ante.karamatic at canonical.com
Thu Feb 14 04:57:38 EST 2013

On 13.02.2013 16:27, Andrew Martin wrote::

> Unfortunately the pacemaker and corosync packages in the Ubuntu
> repositories are too old. Due to bugs in these versions, I
> upgraded to the latest Pacemaker 1.1.8 and Corosync 2.1.0 (it was
> the latest at that time).

We tend to backport security fixes and nasty bugs to older versions
(those we have in distribution). We don't pull in new version cause new
versions bring new features and thus new bugs. But I'm sure I'll get
slapped for saying that on upstream mailing list :)

> Are there newer versions of these packages
> available in a PPA or somewhere? I have been working to build them
> on my own, but the way that Ubuntu separates out the single source
> package into many binary packages is making it difficult.

In most of the cases, very simple procedure goes without problems:

wget http://upstream.com/supertool-new-version.tar.gz
apt-get source supertool
sudo apt-get build-dep supertool
cd supertool...
uupdate ../supertool-new-version.tar.gz
cd ../supertool-new-version
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

In case you want debugging symbols, instead of just building the
package, build it with 'special' env variable:

DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip dpkg-buildpackage

You could also fetch source from 12.10 release and build those packages
on 12.04.

--
Ante Karamatic <ante.karamatic at canonical.com>
Professional and Engineering Services