[Pacemaker] Announce: Hawk (HA Web Konsole) 0.4.1

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Fri May 20 03:10:04 EDT 2011

On 19/05/11 20:49, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2011-05-18T18:54:27, "Daugherity, Andrew W"<adaugherity at tamu.edu>  wrote:
>
>>> This is to announce version 0.4.1 of Hawk, a web-based GUI for managing
>>> and monitoring Pacemaker High-Availability clusters.
>>> As before, packages for various SUSE-based distros can be obtained from
>>> the network:ha-clustering and network:ha-clustering:Factory repos on
>>> OBS, or you can just search for Hawk on software.opensuse.org:
>>>
>>>    http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=ALL&q=Hawk
>>
>> Are there any plans to push this out to the SLE11 HAE SP1 update channel?
>
> Yes. But that may take a bit longer. Tim's announcing the open
> source/upstream/community release here ;-)
>
>> I guess I could always just grab the hawk RPM from the OBS repo and
>> upgrade hawk... I'd rather not add the repo and risk mixing
>> corosync/pacemaker/etc. packages between repos on a production
>> cluster.
>
> That's understandable, and I'd not advise that you do that. Perhaps Tim
> can investigate publishing hawk packages that are build against the
> latest maintenance updates for SLE HA.

I'll see what I can do.  In the meantime, the hawk RPM from OBS does
install and run on top of SLE HA (i.e. works for me), but obviously any
RPMs that aren't in the official update channel aren't officially
supported by SUSE.  All us clustering types being paranoid by nature, if
in doubt, I'd suggest trying it out on a test cluster first :)

>> Also, does anyone know why hawk and crm_gui are case-sensitive for usernames when nothing else is?  (Yes, I know mixed-case usernames are bad -- I didn't set up the central auth.)  Everything else using LDAP auth (e.g. pam_ldap, apache mod_authnz_ldap, LDAP plugins to various CMSes/Wikis/issue trackers, etc.) is fine with both "adaugherity" and "ADaugherity" but hawk/crm_gui require the mixed-case version.
>
> They go via the PAM backends too, so this is surprising ... Thanks for
> pointing this out.

Noted.  I'm not sure what's going on there yet...

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.