[Pacemaker] Announce: Hawk (HA Web Konsole) 0.4.1

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu May 19 06:49:42 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-18T18:54:27, "Daugherity, Andrew W" <adaugherity at tamu.edu> wrote:

> > This is to announce version 0.4.1 of Hawk, a web-based GUI for managing
> > and monitoring Pacemaker High-Availability clusters.
> > As before, packages for various SUSE-based distros can be obtained from
> > the network:ha-clustering and network:ha-clustering:Factory repos on
> > OBS, or you can just search for Hawk on software.opensuse.org:
> >
> >   http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=ALL&q=Hawk
>
> Are there any plans to push this out to the SLE11 HAE SP1 update channel?

Yes. But that may take a bit longer. Tim's announcing the open
source/upstream/community release here ;-)

> I guess I could always just grab the hawk RPM from the OBS repo and
> upgrade hawk... I'd rather not add the repo and risk mixing
> corosync/pacemaker/etc. packages between repos on a production
> cluster.

That's understandable, and I'd not advise that you do that. Perhaps Tim
can investigate publishing hawk packages that are build against the
latest maintenance updates for SLE HA.

> Also, does anyone know why hawk and crm_gui are case-sensitive for usernames when nothing else is?  (Yes, I know mixed-case usernames are bad -- I didn't set up the central auth.)  Everything else using LDAP auth (e.g. pam_ldap, apache mod_authnz_ldap, LDAP plugins to various CMSes/Wikis/issue trackers, etc.) is fine with both "adaugherity" and "ADaugherity" but hawk/crm_gui require the mixed-case version.

They go via the PAM backends too, so this is surprising ... Thanks for
pointing this out.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.