[Pacemaker] Announce: Hawk (HA Web Konsole) 0.4.1

Daugherity, Andrew W adaugherity at tamu.edu
Wed May 18 14:54:27 EDT 2011

> Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 00:43:41 +1000
> From: Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
> Subject: [Pacemaker] Announce: Hawk (HA Web Konsole) 0.4.1
>
> Hi Everybody,
>
> This is to announce version 0.4.1 of Hawk, a web-based GUI for managing
> and monitoring Pacemaker High-Availability clusters.
> As before, packages for various SUSE-based distros can be obtained from
> the network:ha-clustering and network:ha-clustering:Factory repos on
> OBS, or you can just search for Hawk on software.opensuse.org:
>
>   http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=ALL&q=Hawk

Are there any plans to push this out to the SLE11 HAE SP1 update channel?

I guess I could always just grab the hawk RPM from the OBS repo and upgrade hawk... I'd rather not add the repo and risk mixing corosync/pacemaker/etc. packages between repos on a production cluster.

Also, does anyone know why hawk and crm_gui are case-sensitive for usernames when nothing else is?  (Yes, I know mixed-case usernames are bad -- I didn't set up the central auth.)  Everything else using LDAP auth (e.g. pam_ldap, apache mod_authnz_ldap, LDAP plugins to various CMSes/Wikis/issue trackers, etc.) is fine with both "adaugherity" and "ADaugherity" but hawk/crm_gui require the mixed-case version.

Not a big deal but was a real head-scratcher until I figured it out.

Andrew Daugherity
Systems Analyst
Division of Research, Texas A&M University
adaugherity at tamu.edu