[Pacemaker] First confused (then enlightened ? :)

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Feb 15 04:27:46 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Carlos G Mendioroz <tron at huapi.ba.ar> wrote:
> Andrew Beekhof @ 14/02/2011 05:44 -0300 dixit:
>>>
>>> -Is still the case that Heartbeat is not to be considered for new
>>> deployments ? (I read something along that line)
>>
>> pretty much
>>

>> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/FAQ#Should_I_Run_Pacemaker_on_Heartbeat_or_Coroysnc.3F
>
> That was the place I was referring to.

That section is 100% accurate.

> Still, the thing is pretty confusing.
> DR-BD talks about heartbeat in its description. When
> you install pacemaker using package managers, heartbeat is in the
> dependency list. And goes on...

Well its still completely supported, but as a developer community
we're moving away from it.
So particularly for people coming to clustering for the first time, it
doesn't make much sense to learn a deprecated/dead technology.

>> also have a look at clusters from scratch:
>>   http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc
>
> Reading now. Nice doc. Would you accept errata items ?

Of course.
Well, actually, only for the 1.1 version - thats the only version we
generate from docbook format.

> May be I should PM you, but page 10, pcmk-2 is supposed to be
> 19.168.9.42 . Typo^2 ? 192.168.122.102 ?

Thats been fixed in the 1.1 version

> Also, ..."add additional entries for the three machines". Three ?

Yeah, adding a third machine was going to be part of the guide.
But I never got to that part.  Fixed.