[Pacemaker] Question: How many nodes can join a cluster?

Pavlos Parissis pavlos.parissis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 04:58:26 EDT 2010

On 18 October 2010 10:52, Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com> wrote:

> [...]

I have been asked the same question and I said to them, let's say it is 126,
what is the use of having 126 nodes in the cluster?
Can someone imagine himself going through the logs to find why the
resource-XXX failed while there are 200 resources?!!

The only use of having 126 nodes is if you want to have HPC, but HPC is
total different story than high available clusters.
Even in N+N setup I would go with more than 4 or 6 nodes.

My 2 cents,
Pavlos