[Pacemaker] Question: How many nodes can join a cluster?

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Oct 18 04:52:20 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

AFAIR Pacemaker can theoretically handle up to 255, but the practical limits are determined by the messaging limits of the cluster communications layer and the size of the CIB. Heartbeat should mostly be fine up to 16 nodes, and I believe Corosync and Pacemaker are currently being regularly tested for up to 32 nodes. Maybe Steve and Andrew can chime in more details.

Cheers,
Florian