[Pacemaker] RHEL 5.4 + pacemaker broken?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Feb 8 04:58:07 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM, jimbob palmer <jimbobpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yum? Unless I force architecture to 64-bit the packages conflict with
>>> each other.
>>
>>  I meant pacemaker ;-)
>
> pacemaker kind of starts. Using your guide (well written btw - the use
> of environment variables is clever) Clusters From Scratch*, everything
> looks like it's working apart from "AIS Executive Service" missing
> from /var/log/messages - is this normal?

Should be fine, corosync has a different message, something like:
Aug 27 09:05:34 pcmk-1 corosync[1540]: [MAIN  ] Corosync Cluster
Engine ('1.1.0'): started and ready to provide service.

> It's also confusing that starting openais works (with the
> openaisserviceenableexperimental fix), but starting corosync does not.
> I thought they were the same. Starting openais logs info about
> corosync in /var/log/messages. argh!

Conceptually openais is an extra set of modules for corosync.

So when you start corosync by itself, it doesn't know to start the openais bits.
When you start openais, it starts corosync _and_ tells  it to load the
extra modules (and, IIRC, tells it to use the old openais.conf file
too).

> * page 28, s/mesages/messages/

thanks :)