[Pacemaker] RHEL 5.4 + pacemaker broken?

jimbob palmer jimbobpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 05:48:41 EST 2010

>> pacemaker kind of starts. Using your guide (well written btw - the use
>> of environment variables is clever) Clusters From Scratch*, everything
>> looks like it's working apart from "AIS Executive Service" missing
>> from /var/log/messages - is this normal?
>
> Should be fine, corosync has a different message, something like:
> Aug 27 09:05:34 pcmk-1 corosync[1540]: [MAIN  ] Corosync Cluster
> Engine ('1.1.0'): started and ready to provide service.

I get this message, but I don't think the pacemaker part is working at all.

If I run crm_mon, I get "Attemping connection to the cluster.............."
So it looks broken - but the logs show successful node joining and
exiting as I start and stop openais on both nodes. So something is
working.

Trying "crm configure" gives me the error:
Signon to CIB failed: connection failed
Init failed, could not perform requested operations
ERROR: cannot parse xml: no element found: line 1, column 0

So it looks like a cib.xml file is missing, but I can't see anywhere
in the guide where the xml file was meant to be created. Should it
ship with the distro?