[Pacemaker] Debian Package Status

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Fri Jan 30 04:24:11 EST 2009

Hi,

first up sorry for the cross post, but this information covers
both linux-ha and pacemaker.

Secondly I'd like to appologise for the slow progress of
getting a version of heartbeat that uses pacemaker into Debain.
I'm happy to say that wait should be almost over.

Anibal and to a lesser extent I have prepared debian packages
of heartbeat 2.99.2 and pacemaker 1.0.1. And I think that we
are quite close to uploading them. They latest can be found at
either http://people.debian.org/~anibal/tmp/ or
http://packages.vergenet.net/experimental/, depending on whether
Anibal have made the latest update. As of the time of writing
I have made the most recent updates.

Once the finishing touches have been done to those packages we
plan to upload them to experimental. And if all goes well move
them over to unstable (sid) in about a month. Any and all testing
and feedback is more than welcome. Feel free to use the debian bug
tracker.

I have also made packages of pacemaker-pygui, which is basically
the code currently packaged as heartbeat-gui. I'm undecided on
whether to upload this or not. User demand will likely be the deciding
factor.

I will endevour to get all of the appropriate changes that have
been made in the course of making all these packges into the
relavent upstream trees in the near future.

For sid, while heartbeat 2.99.2 is still in experimental I will
try and do urgent bug fixes for 2.1.4. I plan to upload 2.1.4-4 later today
(unless I run out of time).

For Lenny I am doing maintenance on 2.1.3, and that will continue for
the lifetime of Lenny.

Lastly, I7m going to be away from my desk from this evening
until Wednesday morning, so please excuse any delays that may cause.

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office