[Pacemaker] Pacemaker on Fedora 10 -- OpenAIS/Corosync version question

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 03:16:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 20:54, Ty! Boyack <ty at nrel.colostate.edu> wrote:
> I'm trying to get Pacemaker running on a set of Fedora 10 boxes, but
> I've seen some conflicting/confusing information regarding the state of
> Pacemaker and how it integrates with OpenAIS/Corosync.
>
> It looks like the ha-clustering repo (at Suse) uses the pre-Corosync
> version of OpenAIS (0.80.3-12),

I need to update those packages - 0.80.4 (IIRC) now includes all the
patches Pacemaker needs to run.

> and the Fedora 10 repos have OpenAIS
> version 0.91-2 with corosync version 0.92.2.
>
> Is there a recommended way of installing this using these available
> rpms?  I can see a couple of different stacks:

Personally I prefer openais (0.80) + pacemaker.
The last time I used corosync, the membership data it supplied was a
bit "twitchy"
Having said that, I do plan to retest how corosync behaves over the
coming weeks.

> Pacemaker+OpenAIS-0.80.3-12
>
> Pacemaker+OpenAIS-0.91-2+Corosync-0.92.2
>
> Pacemaker+Corosync-0.92.2
>
> Do I understand correctly that eventually Pacemaker will be called
> directly as a service engine from Corosync, without needing the API that
> the "new" OpenAIS layer provides?  If this is a planned change, is there
> a proposed timeline?

Pacemaker worked with Corosync before it was even announced, in fact
thats what it was originally ported to.
We use the same design for both (a .lcrso plugin) versions.

> If there is compelling reason I'll get the up-to-date source trees and
> compile the parts, but the same question would apply of which pieces
> need to be installed.  I would rather stick with the rpms for management
> reasons if possible, though.

You should be able to grab the rpms from the build service, but there
are also instructions for building the stack at:
   http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Install