[Pacemaker] Pacemaker on Fedora 10 -- OpenAIS/Corosync version question

Ty! Boyack ty at nrel.colostate.edu
Wed Apr 8 14:54:52 EDT 2009

I'm trying to get Pacemaker running on a set of Fedora 10 boxes, but
I've seen some conflicting/confusing information regarding the state of
Pacemaker and how it integrates with OpenAIS/Corosync.

It looks like the ha-clustering repo (at Suse) uses the pre-Corosync
version of OpenAIS (0.80.3-12), and the Fedora 10 repos have OpenAIS
version 0.91-2 with corosync version 0.92.2.

Is there a recommended way of installing this using these available
rpms?  I can see a couple of different stacks:

Pacemaker+OpenAIS-0.80.3-12

Pacemaker+OpenAIS-0.91-2+Corosync-0.92.2

Pacemaker+Corosync-0.92.2

Do I understand correctly that eventually Pacemaker will be called
directly as a service engine from Corosync, without needing the API that
the "new" OpenAIS layer provides?  If this is a planned change, is there
a proposed timeline?

If there is compelling reason I'll get the up-to-date source trees and
compile the parts, but the same question would apply of which pieces
need to be installed.  I would rather stick with the rpms for management
reasons if possible, though.

Thanks very much!

-Ty!

--