[Pacemaker] Running remote SSH commands on another server?

Michael Monette mmonette at 2keys.ca
Thu Jan 30 13:56:51 EST 2014

I solved my problem by making some hacktacular LSB script called "proxyres".

When I run a "service proxyres start", it SSHes and runs those restart commands on the Proxy.
"service proxyres stop" simply exits with 0
and service proxyres status will netcat a port, 0 success 3 for failure.

It works..But hopefully there is a better method.

Here is what it looks like just for fun:

######

[root at mail-2 ~] cat /etc/init.d/proxyres
#!/bin/bash
# Restart the gosh darn Proxy LSB script
# chkconfig: 2345 80 05

# RTGDP service controller script
case "$1" in
    start)
        ssh -i "/root/.ssh/proxy_identity" proxy_user at 10.199.0.125 'service mta restart'
        ;;
    stop)
        exit 0
        ;;