[Pacemaker] Running remote SSH commands on another server?

Michael Monette mmonette at 2keys.ca
Thu Jan 30 10:15:56 EST 2014

Hello,

I am coming up short in my searches, but I don't know exactly what I am searching for, hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I have Pacemaker setup in active/passive on my Email server. The systems are in sync using DRBD.

When there is a failure on node-1, everything fails over to node-2 and vice versa. Everything actually works great.

I have the mail servers sitting behind a proxy, which is also the MTA. The problem is, whenever the mailstores failover, there is a persistent connection going from the Proxy -> Mailstore that breaks, and any incoming/outgoing mail cannot be delivered even though the email server is back up. To fix this, I need to SSH into the proxy and restart the proxy services to re-establish that persistent connection.

Is there any way to include this as part of the failover in PaceMaker?

Something like:

<**Failure occured on mail-1**>
mount DRBD resources on mail-2
Assign the failover-ip to mail-2
Start the email server on mail-2
SSH into the proxy and restart the proxy service (From mail-2 using keys)

I am researching ways within the application itself to fix this problem, but no luck yet.

Thanks for any help,

Mike