[Pacemaker] command to dump cluster configuration in "pcs" format?

Bob Haxo bhaxo at sgi.com
Thu Jan 16 12:21:33 EST 2014

Hi Lars,

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 12:59 +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2014-01-15T20:25:30, Bob Haxo <bhaxo at sgi.com> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, it configuration has taken me weeks to develop (what now
> > seems to be) a working configuration (including mods to the
> > VirtualDomain agent to avoid spurious restarts of the VM).
>
> Curious if you can push these upstream too ;-) (Or already have.)

I'll report the issue and I'll include my hack.  But it is a hack.  I
know that I do not have a general solution.

> > The problem is that this goes into a product that gets shipped to mfg,
> > and then to customers, and then needs to be supported by other engineers
> > (and then often back to me).
> >
> > Easy to create configurations with crm and then load
> > (crm -f file) the Pacemaker configuration using the crm commands created
> > with "crm configure show", with some scripted substitutions for
> > hostnames, IP addresses, and other site customizations.
> >
> > The SLES HAE uses crm, and I'm trying to make SLES and RHEL versions as
> > identical as possible.  Makes it easier for me to maintain, and for
> > others to support.
>
> Well, unless RHT states that installing crmsh on top of their
> distribution invalidates support for the pacemaker back-end, you could
> just ship crmsh as part of your product on that platform. It should be
> easy to install on RHEL, and you're already installing your own
> product anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge problem to add one more
> package?
Yes, I install crmsh for development and will ship with the package.  It
is "crm" to which I'm trying to standardize. When I learned that RH was
to use Pacemaker, I thought "Super!". But I had not considered that
Pacemaker and crm are separable.  It is a frustrating, thank-less
challenge to ship for both SLES and RHEL.

Cheers,
Bob Haxo