[Pacemaker] command to dump cluster configuration in "pcs" format?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Thu Jan 16 06:59:18 EST 2014

On 2014-01-15T20:25:30, Bob Haxo <bhaxo at sgi.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, it configuration has taken me weeks to develop (what now
> seems to be) a working configuration (including mods to the
> VirtualDomain agent to avoid spurious restarts of the VM).

Curious if you can push these upstream too ;-) (Or already have.)

> The problem is that this goes into a product that gets shipped to mfg,
> and then to customers, and then needs to be supported by other engineers
> (and then often back to me).
>
> Easy to create configurations with crm and then load
> (crm -f file) the Pacemaker configuration using the crm commands created
> with "crm configure show", with some scripted substitutions for
> hostnames, IP addresses, and other site customizations.
>
> The SLES HAE uses crm, and I'm trying to make SLES and RHEL versions as
> identical as possible.  Makes it easier for me to maintain, and for
> others to support.

Well, unless RHT states that installing crmsh on top of their
distribution invalidates support for the pacemaker back-end, you could
just ship crmsh as part of your product on that platform. It should be
easy to install on RHEL, and you're already installing your own
product anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge problem to add one more
package?

Regards,
    Lars

--