[Pacemaker] Advisory ordering and "Cannot migrate"

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue May 29 08:27:12 EDT 2012

Hi Andrew, David, all,

It seems that advisory ordering is honored when pengine wants to move
two advisory-ordered resources in one transition, and one of resources
(then) is migrateable.

I have advisory ordering configured for two resources, "mgs" and
"drbd-testfs-stacked":

order drbd-testfs-stacked-after-mgs 0: mgs:start drbd-testfs-stacked:start

"mgs" is ordinary resource, "drbd-testfs-stacked" is migrateable.

If both that resources are located on one node, and I request shutdown
of that node, I see:
pengine[2069]:   notice: check_stack_element: Cannot migrate
drbd-testfs-stacked due to dependency on mgs (order)

>From what I understand, symmetrical advisory ordering should affect
resources which are about to be both started or both stopped in one
transition. That's fine.

But, should it be honored when one resource is to be moved with
start/stop while another is to be migrated?

Best,
Vladislav