[Pacemaker] nfs running on two nodes w/ drbd corosync pacemaker on CentOS6.2

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Tue May 29 05:29:45 EDT 2012

> I am trying to setup a two node system making NFS highly available....
> We have run this in the past with heartbeat and drbd.  Now we would like to
> use pacemaker and corosync.  I have been told not to use lvm, and this must
> be in a unicast environment.
>
> Is there anything obviously wrong with this plan?  I have stumbled around
> and gotten the preliminaries set up and working, but when I start
> configuring the primitives in crm I get tons of errors.
>
> thank you

Linbit wrote a nice HOWTO for a HA NFS server. See:

http://www.linbit.com/en/education/tech-guides/highly-available-nfs-with-drbd-
and-pacemaker/

And yes, registration ins needed.

There are some problems for NFSv4 leasetime. Please see the discussions on the
NFS mailinglist for details.

But in CentOS 6.2 everything should work fine, when tuned correctly.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63