[Pacemaker] multiple cib in one pacemaker installation

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 21 08:36:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 02:51:24PM +0400, ruslan usifov wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible have multiple cib in one cluster installation. I try to
> describe what i want:
>

> For example we have multiple undependable resources (as resource i mean here
> ip address files system + service (like apache, nginx and etc)). Now as they
> placed in one cib configuration (crm configure show) is very big and is
> difficultly read(many text). And i think that if we separate this
> undependable resources in multiple cib read and edit configuration  becomes
> much more convenient (something like shadow cib, but live not sandbox).
>
> If this is not implemented it would be great if this be applied in future
> versions.

Right now there's no way to do this. But it sounds like a good
idea to me. Big configurations are definitely difficult to deal
with.

One idea I had earlier, but never implemented it, has been to
define a filter for the crm configure show command so that only
parts of the configuration are displayed. That's not exactly the
same as what you proposed, but tackles the same issue.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement
configuration split natively in pacemaker. And probably it
wouldn't get a lot of attention.

Thanks,

Dejan