[Pacemaker] Pacemaker shutdown issue

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 30 12:38:06 EST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:03:22PM -0500, Tony Bunce wrote:
> >The upgrade should really be transparent. What problems did you
> >encounter with nfsserver?
>
> Whenever one of the nodes takes over the nfs resource it doesn't startup the first time and gives this error:
>
> nfs_server_monitor_0 (node=nfs1, call=11, rc=2, status=complete): invalid parameter

That looks like a problem in the resource agent. Most probably
you hit the bug 2219 which has been fixed on November 9.

> If I run this command it starts up instantly and doesn't have any problems
> until the service gets migrated again:
> crm_resource -C -r nfs_server
>

> Here is that resource from my config:
> primitive nfs_server ocf:heartbeat:nfsserver \
>         params nfs_init_script="/etc/init.d/nfs" \
>         params nfs_notify_cmd="/sbin/rpc.statd" \
>         params nfs_shared_infodir="/var/lib/nfs" \
>         params nfs_ip="10.1.1.150" \
>         op monitor interval="30s"
>

> I haven't tested yet but was going to switch from ocf:heartbeat:nfsserver to
> lsb:nfs to see if that fixes the problem.

My recommendation would be to stay with the OCF resource agents
whenever possible. Those should be in general of higher quality
than init scripts.

> I also had something like this in my config:
> primitive drbd_r0 ocf:heartbeat:drbd \
>         params drbd_resource="r0" \
> 		op monitor="30s"
>
> That also gave me an error (I think it was "action monitor_0 does not exist").

This has most probably been from the crm shell. It has been relaxed
in the meantime (see bugzilla 2222).

> I think that needs to be switched to this:
> primitive drbd_r0 ocf:linbit:drbd \
>       params drbd_resource="r0"
>  	op monitor interval="29s" role="Master" timeout="30s" \
>       op monitor interval="30s" role="Slave" timeout="30s"

Yes, that's what I expected the right usage would be.

Thanks,

Dejan