[Pacemaker] Expansion plan of crm_mon

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Nov 19 15:08:06 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Yuusuke IIDA <iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thank you for an opinion.
>
> Andrew Beekhof さんは書きました:
>>
>> 2009/11/5 Yuusuke IIDA <iidayuus at intellilink.co.jp>:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I think that information indication of pingd of present crm_mon is not
>>> enough.
>>>
>>> I want to display the score information of plural pingd processes in
>>> crm_mon.
>>> And I want to display warning when there is abnormality in the monitor of
>>> pingd.
>>
>> What about a generic --show-node-attributes option instead?
>> That way you're not restricted to just seeing values called ping*.
>
> It is a good idea.
> I examine by the policy.
> However, it is good, and I do not know what kind of information
> node-attributes contains elsewhere.
> It is the following information to understand me now.
>  -  probe_complete
>  -  fail-count-*
>  -  last-failure-*
>  -  shutdown
>  -  terminate
> Is not there the information that it was summarized in somewhere?
> If there is it, please teach it.

No, its not really documented yet, partly because the user can put
anything they like in there.

You've listed the automatic ones though.
I guess filtering those ones out might be a good idea.

Either that, or we go with your original proposal and allow the
attribute name to be specified on the command line.

Actually, we could even be smart about it and determine the attribute
name(s) by looking in the configuration.
Now that would be cool :-)