[Pacemaker] Expansion plan of crm_mon

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Thu Nov 5 03:53:23 EST 2009

Yuusuke IIDA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think that information indication of pingd of present crm_mon is not enough.
>
> I want to display the score information of plural pingd processes in crm_mon.
> And I want to display warning when there is abnormality in the monitor of pingd.
>
> I show below an image
>
> An example:Two pingd processes start.
> Each pingd watches two networks.
>
> It is an image when trouble occurred in the network of the one of coro1 side.
>
> [root at coro2 ~]# crm_mon -fn1
>

> ============
> Last updated: Thu Nov  5 16:09:29 2009
> Stack: openais
> Current DC: coro1 - partition with quorum
> Version: 1.0.6-405fe9a92d82+ stable-1.0 tip
> 2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
> 1 Resources configured.
> ============
>
> Node coro1: online
>         rsc-pingd1:0     (ocf::pacemaker:pingd) Started
>         rsc-pingd2:0     (ocf::pacemaker:pingd) Started
> Node coro2: online
>         rsc-pingd1:1     (ocf::pacemaker:pingd) Started
>         rsc-pingd2:1     (ocf::pacemaker:pingd) Started
>
> Migration summary:
> * Node coro2:
>  - Pingd summary:
>   + pingdnet1::200(expected 200)
>   + pingdnet2::100(expected 200) warning!!
> * Node coro1:
>  - Pingd summary:
>   + pingdnet1::200(expected 200)
>   + pingdnet2::200(expected 200)
> [root at coro2 ~]#
>
> About this thought, is not there any opinion?

I'd really like being able to see that information in that place, but it
is not possible by now.

The problem while viewing crm_mon, for me, is mostly that the output
does not fit on my screen or I have to reduce text size so much that I'd
need binoculars. This pingd output would cause even more lines. So it
should at least be optional, if you are planning to implement that.

Regards
Dominik