[Pacemaker] crm_mon SMTP notifications - message corruption

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Sun Nov 15 10:29:06 EST 2009

Am Sonntag, 15. November 2009 14:47:53 schrieb Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> Hi,
>
> before I file a bug, has anyone seen this before? See the attached
> example - the message headers somehow end up at the end of the message.
>
> Is this a bug in how crm_mon uses libesmtp or in libesmtp? (This is SLE
> 11, running libesmtp 1.0.4, the latest.)
>
> I can't see anything immediately wrong with how libesmtp is used in
> crm_mon. Just curious where I should report this.
>

> Regards,
>     Lars

Hi,

do you have the complete message header? Can you count how many bytes the
messages has including the messages header? Perhaps something rips the message
off after 1024 byte?
Is it perhaps a problem with the broken SMTP installtion on the way (i.e.
Cisco Pix firewall)

Did you trace the packets beeing sent out by the cluster with tcpdump? Does
this problem exists in the packages sent out from the nodes?

Greetings,

Michael.