[Pacemaker] crm_mon SMTP notifications - message corruption

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Sun Nov 15 13:40:43 EST 2009

On 2009-11-15T16:29:06, Michael Schwartzkopff <misch at multinet.de> wrote:

> do you have the complete message header?

The full message was attached, so you can see for yourself.

> Can you count how many bytes the messages has including the messages
> header? Perhaps something rips the message off after 1024 byte?

This is not the case.

> Is it perhaps a problem with the broken SMTP installtion on the way (i.e.
> Cisco Pix firewall)

The recipient host is a postfix mail server.

> Did you trace the packets beeing sent out by the cluster with tcpdump? Does
> this problem exists in the packages sent out from the nodes?

I'd expect so. Where else would this occur?

I'd need to recompile crm_mon with TLS disabled to make sense of the
trace though.

I was asking if other people had seen this before, so can I assume that
SMTP alerts with crm_mon are working for you?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.