[ClusterLabs] Totems and Tokens and Kronosnet, oh my!

Mike Holloway mike.holloway at protonmail.com
Tue Jul 23 23:22:50 UTC 2024

Hi folks,

Writing up an article which is near ready to publish and I want to make sure the terms I seek to elaborate upon are as accurately conveyed as possible.

To that end, my current task is to understand "totem" vs "token" and how this relates to the protocol for consensus in modern Corosync (Post-RHEL 6), as distinct (if I grok) from the transport protocol "kronosnet".

Could someone help me out by shedding light on the difference between the "token" in circulation, whether a "totem" concept of some sort is still valid, and how this all relates to modern Pacemaker-Corosync HA clusters?

Thanks,
Mik

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.