[ClusterLabs] PAF / pgSQL fails after OS/system shutdown - FIX

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 14:34:40 EST 2023

On 10/11/2023 18:16, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 17:17:41 +0100
> lejeczek via Users <users at clusterlabs.org> wrote:

>>> Of course you can use "pg_stat_tmp", just make sure the temp folder exists:
>>>
>>>     cat <<EOF > /etc/tmpfiles.d/postgresql-part.conf
>>>     # Directory for PostgreSQL temp stat files
>>>     d /var/run/postgresql/14-paf.pg_stat_tmp 0700 postgres postgres - -
>>>     EOF
>>>
>>> To take this file in consideration immediately without rebooting the server,
>>> run the following command:
>>>
>>>     systemd-tmpfiles --create /etc/tmpfiles.d/postgresql-part.conf
>> Then there must be something else at play here with Ubuntus,
>> for none of the nodes has any extra/additional configs for
>> those paths & I'm sure that those were not created manually.
> Indeed.
>
> This parameter is usually set by pg_createcluster command and the folder
> created by both pg_createcluster and pg_ctlcluster commands when needed.
>
> This is explained in PAF tutorial there:
>
> https://clusterlabs.github.io/PAF/Quick_Start-Debian-10-pcs.html#postgresql-and-cluster-stack-installation
>
> These commands comes from the postgresql-common wrapper, used in all Debian
> related distros, allowing to install, create and use multiple PostgreSQL
> versions on the same server.
>
>> Perhpaphs pgSQL created these on it's own outside of HA-cluster.
> No, the Debian packaging did.
>
> Just create the config file I pointed you in my previous answer,
> systemd-tmpfiles will take care of it and you'll be fine.

yes, that was a weird trip.
I could not take the whole cluster down & as I kept fiddling
with it trying to "fix" it - within & out of _pcs_ those
paths were created by wrappers from disto packages - I know
see that - but at first it did not look that way.
Still that directive for the stats - I wonder if that got
introduced, injected somewhere in between because the PG
cluster - which I had for a while - did not experience this
"issue" from the start and not until "recently"
thanks, L.