[ClusterLabs] updu transport support with corosync

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 04:59:14 EDT 2023

Hi,

On 24/07/2023 18:13, Abhijeet Singh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a 2-node corosync/pacemaker cluster setup. We recently updated
> corosync from v2.3.4 to v.3.0.3. I have couple of questions related to
> corosync transport mechanism -
>
> 1. Found below article which indicates updu support might be deprecated in
> the future. Is there a timeline for when updu might be deprecated? updu

Probably in corosync 4.x, but there is currently no plan for corosync
4.x yet :) So if you are happy with udpu (eq. no need for encryption and
multi-link) just keep using it.

> seems to be performing better than knet in our setup.

Do you have a numbers? We did quite extensive testing and knet was
always both faster and better (lower) latency.

> https://www.mail-archive.com/users@clusterlabs.org/msg12806.html
>
> 2. We are using Linux 5.15.x. Noticed that with Knet transport corosync
> takes up almost double memory as compared to updu. Is this expected? Are

Knet pre-allocates buffers on startup and corosync send buffers are also
larger so yes, it is expected. It shouldn't be extra bad especially over
time.

> there any config changes which can help reduce the memory footprint?

Not really. You can change some compile #defines in source code but it's
really asking for huge trouble.

Honza